Sunday, April 27, 2008

hurrah for the national health service and hurrah for science and technology


after two miserable nights with a wisdom tooth that had gone off, worried that i might be overdoing the medication, i betook myself to the new charing cross hospital in hammersmith
i am still stunned, amazed, and overjoyed ... having found myself back on the street and free from pain in less than two hours
the national health service and all the people i have encountered there have been brilliant

7 comments:

Lucas said...

Glad you're out of pain! I agree that the National Health is a great and astonishing organisation. So often complained about, so deserving of praise!

tristan said...

as tommy used to say,

"if you know a better 'ole then go to it !"

Unknown said...

Seeing the photograph before reading the test, I thought: he's done it himself!

tristan said...

of course i might have ... but couldn't find a left-handed corkscrew at short notice

Unknown said...

O ye gods! Is that your tooth?

Lucy said...

I'm shocked, awed, impressed... I'm not sure I could have done that. What was their reaction when you asked to take the picture?

tristan said...

wisdom teeth in our family always seem to create some trouble ... but i figured it was much easier to have it out than leave it in ... thanx all for visiting